The forgotten heating system.
The call came in "Our CO detectors were alarming so we called the fire department and they shut our boiler off!!!" The boiler was producing over 4000 ppm of CO a very dangerous situation that luckily ended with just a condemned boiler. Thankfully the homeowner had CO detectors installed in the home and they where alerted to the problem. That problem was the forgotten heating system in the basement, tucked away and buried by the storage collection of years past. The picture shows clearly the boiler was neglected and literally had caved in on itself. The exhaust passage ways were clogged and the exhaust piping was deteriorated. Please have your heating system maintained yearly and please share this with your friends and family.